Thursday 31 January 2013

the 'tang-asm'

Last Christmas vacation was one of my best because... there was church, family, friends, food, parties, drink ups,music concerts...and did mention food? food...yup, there was lots of food. Anyway, it was in the spirit of giving that my friends decided to treat me to my new found love; shawarma. I was yet to eat a really good one till i ate the one they were about to treat me to. (Aish, i love Christmas. everyone is so generous) we pile ourselves into our very ratty car(my zanpakuto) and the Script keeps us entertained through out the thick Spintex road traffic till we arrive. (for all who live in Tema, you know what i mean. for those who don't, arm yourselves with water if your 'zanpakuto' has no air conditioning , music and good conversation)
     Anyway we arrive a little under twenty minutes to this cute place situated right by the turning on the road leading to the mall. the parking was a bit tricky but luckily the security guards/valets/traffic wardens know what they are  doing. Mawarko's is a small place; the interior decor though gives it the illusion of more space. The place is nicely furnished; a delicate balance between strong masculine colours of coffee and black set against a background of cream and glass. The first things that hit you are the blast of cool air from the giant air conditioners strategically placed in the corners (which was most welcome) and my most favourite thing in the world: the aroma of spicy food. At this point the ninja in me was back flipping till my friend informed me Mawarko's was out of 'shawarma'. '*%&*$' , I believe  i said something along those lines as i grumpily settled back for a beef burger instead and a tangerine. seriously, when did all you Ghanaians start eating my shawarma? Mtchew!!
      The burger frankly was not the best i had had. No prejudice here. The bread tasted strongly of cinnamon and sesame. the seasoning for the beef was blah and they used coleslaw. Seriously! Also, they placed their fries inside burger so uh,... don't go back if you can't find your serving of fries. after that, i have to say it was with some trepidation that i took a sip of the juice but my, oh, my!  You know how ads always portray drinks shaking one out of his senses till he goes 'brrr' and purrs like a cat. well this actually does that. the real tangerine flavour, the extra chill from the crushed ice and just the right amount of sweet against sour makes you feel like um, ...how did my friend describe it again? it makes you feel like your balls have been tickled. Lol!
       So Mawarko's may not have the best burgers but hey, they sure know how to serve up a hell of a glass of ball tickler. 
 #Mawarko's at Spintex    
 #the food ninja 

No comments:

Post a Comment